Pages

Monday, October 19, 2020

Hangi

 Hangi  


last term we had a Hangi at school.


First some people in my class were digging a huge hole behind the bike shed. They were doing this so that the food could cook in the ground. 


We had a look at the hangi and lots of people were coughing and gagging (not because of COVID-19) but because of smoke.  I had my jumper over my mouth to filter the air a bit more.




Some other people were peeling and chopping the vegetables to put in the Hangi.

 Miss Shannon bought a Kai cooker and we cooked some of the food in the cooker and some of it in the ground.  The stuff that went in the pit was very smokey and great.



It tasted nice but it was a bit raw. I did not like it that much.  

I know that lots of people liked or loved it a lot. We listened  to music and chatted with our friends. One of the teachers made my dad a huge plate full of hangi for dinner.  My dad ate a lot of the hangi and said that it was yum.  Personally I think the food was okay but I liked the togan one better.


1 comment:


  1. Salut Ryan
    Cela a l'air vraiment bien, je pensais que la nourriture était fumée. J'ai trouvé que la nourriture était plutôt bonne. Je suis avec toi c'est très enfumé
    Bonne journée
    de la salle Lara 8
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    translation in English

    Hi Ryan
    This looks really good I thought the food was smokey. I did think that the food was pretty good. I'm am with you it is very smokey
    Have a good day
    from Lara room 8

    ReplyDelete